Sunday, 18 January 2015

Screen Shots 2

 For me creating the head was the hardest part of the modelling process, I found it extremely hard to get the shape to something I was happy with because the drawing I had used didn't have much detail in the face I had to experiment with the facial features until I was happy with it but because of this the face doesn't look much like I had first wanted it but I am still happy with how it has turned out.
I initially wanted the nose to be a rip in the face I started trying the model it into a rip but soon decided upon giving him a misshaped nose instead because I realised after a lot of trying and failing that I wouldn't be able to model a rip small enough to be the nose and make it detailed enough for the face. I also like that because I have taken out all the rips that were in my previous designs the audience never fully know what is inside the character and because of that will never truly know if he is alive or robotic.
 I decided from an early point in the project that my character would be stitched together to show that it is a man made character. Because of this I had to curl the side of the model into the character so that there is a slight gap running all the way down the middle that I could then place stitching over.

No comments:

Post a Comment